Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Mesh satellite won't connect

pjmickler
Aspirant

Nighthawk Mesh satellite won't connect

I have a Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 (one router and two satellites) that had been working fine since last June, however now one of the satellites will only connect if it is within a couple feet of the router. The other satellite works pretty much anywhere in my house. I have reset all the devices to the factory settings multile times, and made sure once all where connected they had the same firmware version which is V1.0.6.110. Even after resetting and reconfiguring with the app showing both satellites connected, if I move the bad satellite away it will not reconnect. I tried moving it further away with power still on and it still looses connection eventually. Anyone have success fixing this, or have other things I can try? I'm past Netgear's complimentary support period and don't wont to pay $50 when I can just return it and replace it if need be. 

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mesh satellite won't connect

Alas, posts in this forum are read by people who own the Orbi system, not the Nighthawk.  Will probably get better advice if posted in a forum for owners of the X6 extender.

Message 2 of 3
pjmickler
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk Mesh satellite won't connect

Thanks for the heads up, didn't realize it had directed me to the Orbi page before posting. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7