Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No option to setup Alexa with Orbi Voice

kalger
Aspirant

No option to setup Alexa with Orbi Voice

RBR50, firmware 2.0.0.74 (I've tried multiple times/ways to update this to 2.7.1.60 but it won't update automatically or accept the file manually)

RBS40V, firmware: 2.6.1.4

Orbi iOS app, version 2.7.0.28

iOS version 14.2

I just received the Orbi Voice today and after spending three hours attempting to get it setup with Alexa, I don't see any of the options listed in the manual or online as to how to even remotely set it up. No messages or verbiage about Alexa at all in the Orbi Voice information in the app. 

Completely at a loss here as to how to setup/enable the Alexa feature on the Orbi Voice. 

I'd really like to get this resolved otherwise I'll return this for a regular satellite.

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
kalger
Aspirant

Re: No option to setup Alexa with Orbi Voice

Problem resolved. VERY outdated version of firmware on the RBR50. It took eight updates of "previous firmware versions" and manually updating the router firmware to get the "Voice" option to appear in the Orbi App. Voice wasn't enabled until firmware version 2.2.1.210.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
kalger
Aspirant

Re: No option to setup Alexa with Orbi Voice

Problem resolved. VERY outdated version of firmware on the RBR50. It took eight updates of "previous firmware versions" and manually updating the router firmware to get the "Voice" option to appear in the Orbi App. Voice wasn't enabled until firmware version 2.2.1.210.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7