Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No support? Seriously? 1.12.0.18 trouble

cdabel
Guide

No support? Seriously? 1.12.0.18 trouble

Purchased Orbi in April and it has been fantastic. Best Internet we've ever had. Then we left in July for a one month vacation and everything changed. In the middle of July sometime our adult son who was home called and complained about the coverage and speed, but he wasn't home much so I figured I'd deal with it when we got home in August. Well, we returned and the system is now a mess. The problem, which reading this forum suggests is not only mine, is that the satelite now constantly disconnects from the router, devices lose connection and general instability. It's really bad and the pressure from the family to fix it is intense. It seems, though, that my cutomer support "expired" at the end of July while we were away. Is Netgear flexible on this rule, or is it pointless to ask for an exception?  I originally liked the product very much and would like to be able to work with support to get it working again, but no way will I pay for the privelege. 

Btw, if it helps, here is my technical info

Firmware before vacation: don't know

Firmware now: 1.12.0.18

RBK50 in AP mode with one satelite

Steps taken to solve problem:

a. read every thread in this forum

b. enabled implicit beam forming and MU-MIMO

c. reset both devices

d. "forgot" network then reconnected

e. waited patiently to see if new firmware is released

f. told wife, "it's not my fault. Really. I'll fix it"

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
cdabel
Guide

Re: No support? Seriously? 1.12.0.18 trouble

Never mind. Got through to support and they were very willing to help despite the 90 day rule. Hopefully can find a solution. 

Message 2 of 3
matiascuba
Tutor

Re: No support? Seriously? 1.12.0.18 trouble

I am seeing exactly the same issues. Everything worked fine for months until this summer when devices gets disconnected. I have to reboot my media servers, streaming devices, laptops etc. several times per day due to lost connection to the wifi. Is there no way Netgear is aware of what was working before but not now?

I have tried downgrading and removing certain settings. Reset the router and satellite several times but nothing helps. Is there a way to syslog the messages so that one can troubleshoot properly?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7