Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not able to have multiple SSID on Orbi RBR750

pshah3334
Tutor

Not able to have multiple SSID on Orbi RBR750

Router - Orbi RBR753 (AX4200)

Firmware version - V4.6.5.14

Main OS for my devices - Windows

2 issues after upgrading to this new router from this month -

1. I have several devices which support WPA3 protocol but some support only WPA2 or below. I would like to have separate SSID by using particular security protocal. So I can utilize WPA3 for the devices which support this protocol. Devices which do not support it I will use different SSID. I research forum and it looks like it is not supported at all and I have to use guest network to separate it out. Is this correct? If it is then not sure why Orbi has this type of design and why it does not support this simple user's need and why should I use guest network? If multiple SSIDs are not supported by design then wireless settings configuration should have an option to use either WPA2 + WP3 as one of the security option.

2. Computer which uses guest network (as it supports only WPA2 or below); I am keep getting disconnected from internet. All other devices are working fine at the same time and no issues at all. I called Netgear support team and they asked me to use Google DNS (instead of ISP's DNS) but no luck yet. Do not know this is happening because I am using guest network OR WPA2 protocal? No idea.

FYI - I also tried using USB wifi adapter as initially I thought my built in laptop's wifi card is dying but that did not help. 

Any help will be appreciated here.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Not able to have multiple SSID on Orbi RBR750

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7