Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBK50 in AP mode

Rxos
Aspirant

ORBI RBK50 in AP mode

Hi

Have bought the starter kit. I have multiple network equipment and decided to run it in AP mode. Both devices get an ip adresse, but I am only able to connect to the satelite? If I reboot both devices, I am able to connect to the router, but after the satelite connects to the router, I am unable to connect to the router, only the satelite.

Very strange. Any input?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
Roamabout
Luminary

Re: ORBI RBK50 in AP mode

When you say you cant connect do you mean with wifi or connect to the Orbi with a browser ?.

I assume you can connect to the router (orbilogin.com) with a browser and it is showing that everything is ok, the sat is connected etc.

If the router and sat are close enough, some devices will contine to latch onto the access point that they last connected to even if there is a better one closer to it. Try getting the test device to forget the Orbi wifi connection once the router and sat are both up and then see what the device does when you connect to the Orbi SSID when you are in closer proximity to the router.

Message 2 of 5
Rxos
Aspirant

Hi, no I am not able to connect to the routers ip (admin page) The Wifi is working, but extremly unstable. devices drops the wifi connection almost every minute.

I am currently not impressed, and are suprised that this is a product that have great reviews

Message 3 of 5
Rxos
Aspirant

Very strange.

When connected with ethernet, I am able to connect to admin page

When connected on 2,4 Ghz it also works

When connected on 5Ghz it doesn`t work, then I am not even able to ping the Router

Are running the latest FW (Beta), to see if it will fix the disconnect issues

Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Do you still have the wireless enabled on your main router that the orbi is connected to? You devices maybe connecting to the main router if so.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7