Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR20 firmware update trouble

MisakiShinimiya
Follower

ORBI RBR20 firmware update trouble

Since Orbi app cannot update my RBR20 to 2.7.2.4.24 version, therefore I choose to update manually.
manual said that we should update firmware on satellites first and then update router, however I pressed the wrong button and updated my router firmware first, after that when I try to update my satellites firmware by using same file, it said firmware file is incorrect, what can I do right now? Thanks
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR20 firmware update trouble

You need to use the RBS version of the FW to send to the RBS. You can't use the RBR version. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

You need to use the RBS version of the FW to send to the RBS. You can't use the RBR version. 

Message 2 of 3
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello MisakiShinimiya,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you would like to update your RBK20 Orbi Mesh System to the current FW 2.7.4.24. The Orbi satellite and the router does not use the same FW update file. To identify the files please take note of the downloaded zip folder names. The file for the router starts with RBR while the satellite's download file starts with RBS. 

Please navigate to the link below for the correct download file for your RBS20 FW v2.7.4.24:

Orbi RBK23 | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support

For more information on manually updating your RBK20 please navigate to the link below:
https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7