× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR50 wired with cat7 to RBS50 300 feet away

Timberbull
Aspirant

ORBI RBR50 wired with cat7 to RBS50 300 feet away

I have a fiber modem entry connected to an RBR50 in downstairs of my home.  It is wired with cat6 to an RBS50 upstairs, with a second non-wired RBS50 30 feet away in the upstairs.  This provides approx 75 of exterior wifi to exterior of house.  I need to add wifi to the shop and have conduit from modem area to shop 250 feet away.  Can I use Cat7 for the longer run in conduit and use RBS50 as hard wired connection point in shop?  Cat 7 would be connected from RBR50 downstairs to shop RBS50 with cat7 approx 275 feet.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR50 wired with cat7 to RBS50 300 feet away

Yes that should work. Be sure to check the CAT# vs recommended cable max length distance. 

@Timberbull wrote:

I have a fiber modem entry connected to an RBR50 in downstairs of my home.  It is wired with cat6 to an RBS50 upstairs, with a second non-wired RBS50 30 feet away in the upstairs.  This provides approx 75 of exterior wifi to exterior of house.  I need to add wifi to the shop and have conduit from modem area to shop 250 feet away.  Can I use Cat7 for the longer run in conduit and use RBS50 as hard wired connection point in shop?  Cat 7 would be connected from RBR50 downstairs to shop RBS50 with cat7 approx 275 feet.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Timberbull
Aspirant

Adding content for clarification: My wifi to the outdoors is great but will not reach to the shop.  I was going to add a RBY50 for outdoor use but still would not be able to provide solid wifi to shop area for security system.  Main dilemma is deciding between purchasing new ORBI ax 5400 or AX6000 for stronger signal but still doing same configuration as initial question.  Problem with that being that the RBY50 outdoor range extender is not compatible with the newer mesh 6 system of the 5400 or 6000.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes that should work. Be sure to check the CAT# vs recommended cable max length distance. 

@Timberbull wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7