Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI UPNP Issue

Yamster2016
Aspirant

ORBI UPNP Issue

Hi,

I currently have BT VDSL and I am having issues with Upnp. I have a bt modem connected to my orbi which is dialing the PPPOE details. I have upnp turned on but nothing is showing in the upnp table.

What is strange is if I go onto COD WW2 on the PS4 it shows my NAT as open but nothing is showing in the upnp table?

I am getting strange gaming lag my ping is really low which is around 9ms but I seem to be half a second behind it's as if the traffic is being held up and i think it's the upnp

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI UPNP Issue

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
How is the console connected tot he Orbi? Wired is preferred...
What browser are you using to check the Orbis UI?

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 4
beastlove
Aspirant

Did you sort this?I am having the same problem.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
How is the console connected tot he Orbi? Wired is preferred...
What browser are you using to check the Orbis UI?

@beastlove wrote:

Did you sort this?I am having the same problem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7