Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI Won't allow internet connection

Jelloguard
Aspirant

ORBI Won't allow internet connection

So here's an interesting one.  My Orbi has been set up for about a week and everything is working fine with the base station and 2 satellites.  All of my devices are connected and can access the internet.

Except for one.  I have an Ipad mini that will connect to the wifi network but then nothing else happens.  I cannot access the internet through it.  At first it showed as being "Paused" in the device list through the app and once I got it to "Resume" it still will not access the internet.  I can get onto the guest network and even downloaded the app's (plus genie) to try and have it recognized as an access device.  No dice.

I have rebooted the router and my Ipad multiple times and it comes back the same.  All other household devices connect and work fine.  The Ipad will not.

Am I miising something?  Not a very technical person but I did manage to set up the system.

Help!

Jeff

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
Streak2
Master

Go into your network settings on your Ipad and forget the Orbi network.

Then try and connect to it again, re-entering the password.

Message 2 of 5
Jelloguard
Aspirant

I have done this. The iPad has connected and I can access through the apps. Today tried again and iPad is out again. Connected to wifi but no internet or app access. Only device experiencing issues. App shows "paused" and won't allow it to resume.
Message 3 of 5

Orbi satellites have been dropping connections.  It's a long-standing issue and Netgear hasn't done anything to solve it.  If that's your issue, I'd suggest reutrning the Orbi while you still can.  I wish I could.

Message 4 of 5
Streak2
Master

@Jelloguard wrote:
I have done this. The iPad has connected and I can access through the apps. Today tried again and iPad is out again. Connected to wifi but no internet or app access. Only device experiencing issues. App shows "paused" and won't allow it to resume.

Do you have the latest firmware on both the Orbi and on the Ipad?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7