Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI40 Dropping internet

rjarmywife
Aspirant

ORBI40 Dropping internet

I have had trouble with my router dropping my internet on my moble devices and computer, never in the last 3 years have I had an issue with this, its always worked just great. Its there, devices recoqnize it, it connects after a reboot, stays connected for a few hours, then it suddenly says no internet, but its there because I stream all tv and it works fine. Im confused, I have tried everything and nothing is working. I am frustrated beyone belief with this. Can anyone help?

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@rjarmywife wrote:

I have had trouble with my router dropping my internet on my moble devices and computer, never in the last 3 years have I had an issue with this, its always worked just great. Its there, devices recoqnize it, it connects after a reboot, stays connected for a few hours, then it suddenly says no internet, but its there because I stream all tv and it works fine. Im confused, I have tried everything and nothing is working. I am frustrated beyone belief with this. Can anyone help?

There is a horrible situation that started with the change in Daylight Saving Time that causes certain Orbi RBR50 routers to stop resolving Domain Names until they are restarted.  Netgear engineers have traced the problem to a coding error in the Traffic Meter feature. Looks like there is abolutely no chance Netgear will release a firmware fix before April, so the easiest solution is to go into the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Advanced Setup, Traffic Meter (toward the bottom of the menu) and uncheck "Enable Traffic Meter" and Apply.

Message 2 of 3
esteg
Guide

@CrimpOn wrote:

@rjarmywife wrote:

There is a horrible situation that started with the change in Daylight Saving Time that causes certain Orbi RBR50 routers to stop resolving Domain Names until they are restarted.  Netgear engineers have traced the problem to a coding error in the Traffic Meter feature. Looks like there is abolutely no chance Netgear will release a firmware fix before April, so the easiest solution is to go into the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Advanced Setup, Traffic Meter (toward the bottom of the menu) and uncheck "Enable Traffic Meter" and Apply.

Perfect !

I just want to add that my Orbi has pass new firewall without any decision of my part.

This can (or not) explain how much ppl have the same issue 🙂

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7