Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI40 with WAX610

mjolive99
Aspirant

ORBI40 with WAX610

Currently I have an older Orbi system (ORBI40, one base, 2 satellites). 

My speed and coverage is slow on the second floor, and coverage is poor in the garage. 

My plan is run a PoE switch off of the Orbi Base, run that ethernet to the attic (2nd floor ceiling) where I would install a new Wifi6 WAX-610. This, theoretically, would take care of the second floor and probably the garage. 

Can I keep my Orbi base and satellites as is for the areas they currently cover and the WAX 610 would be incremental coverage and speed for those weak spots? 

Will these Mesh, any downsides to this? 

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI40 with WAX610

@mjolive99 wrote:

Will these Mesh, any downsides to this? 

The WAX620 is an entirely different product family from the Orbi.  The target audience is small business, not residential. Uses Insight app to manage (paid subscription). I would suggest reading all the posts in the Insight forum.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Insight-Network/bd-p/en-business-insight-network-management 

I am 99% certain that this product will not "mesh" with the Orbi.  If it works at all, it will create a separate WiFi network where products cannot "roam" between the Orbi and the WAX610 area. This will be similar to installing any brand of WiFi access point.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7