Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Not letting me go to certain sites

KyroElite
Aspirant

ORbi Not lettign me go to certain sites

Hello, my family recently purchased an orbi and although we get better speeds it blocks us from some sites, asking for a username and password. I have tried entering "admin" and "password" which doesn't work, as well as the router name and password. When I try to connect to orbilogin it says I'm not connected to the Orbi network even though I am directly connected to one of the satellites. It also doesn't let us the app store or initiate downloads on steam, origin, etc. Any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: ORbi Not lettign me go to certain sites

You can probably start by setting Orbi in AP mode. If that solves the problem then you know that the issue is in the IP network.

Please login to orbilogin.com and do the following setting:

Namnlöst.png

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 14

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

This can be Ip network issue -probably- caused by having two routers in your network,

- If Orbi is operating in Router Mode, then please make sure that your ISP modem/router is bridged. If that is not possible then please set Orbi in AP mode instead.

Message 2 of 14
KyroElite
Aspirant

How would I go about doing that?

Message 3 of 14
ekhalil
Master

You can probably start by setting Orbi in AP mode. If that solves the problem then you know that the issue is in the IP network.

Please login to orbilogin.com and do the following setting:

Namnlöst.png

Message 4 of 14
KyroElite
Aspirant

That's part of the issue, I get the same login error when trying to connect to orbilogin.com. I also tried entering the ip, to no avail

Message 5 of 14
ekhalil
Master

Please connect a PC by LAN cable to the router and login. 

If that doesn’t work with the ISP router connected then please try with ISP router disconnected. 

Which IP addresses are your devices getting? This will tell us if they are coming from Orbi or ISP router. 

Message 6 of 14

@KyroElite wrote:

How would I go about doing that?

Before getting too involved in tweaking your system, it might help of you told people what the modem is in front of your Orbi. The model number.

Message 7 of 14
KyroElite
Aspirant

My model wasn't on that list which is why I didn't include it, but the box says AC2200 RBK23 Tri-Band Wifi.

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 8 of 14
KyroElite
Aspirant

I am currently directly connected to one of the satellites, to no avail. When I checked ipconfig this is what I got:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::71e0:9b11:e1b8:2740%6
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.12
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1

EDIT: not sure why this posted twice

Message 9 of 14
KyroElite
Aspirant

I am currently directly connected to one of the satellites, to no avail. When I checked ipconfig this is what I got:

Message 10 of 14
ekhalil
Master

@KyroElite wrote:

If you did not change the default DHCP range in Orbi, then this shows that your ISP modem is the one providing your devices with IP addressing.

Can you please disconnect the ISP router from Orbi (remove the ethernet cable on the yellow port on the back of Orbi). Restart the Router then connect a PC directly to the LAN port on the Router (not the Satellite).

Connect to orbilogin.com (or to 192.168.1.1) and change Orbi to AP mode as explained above.

Message 11 of 14
ekhalil
Master

@KyroElite wrote:

My model wasn't on that list which is why I didn't include it, but the box says AC2200 RBK23 Tri-Band Wifi.

The question was what is the model of the ISP router to which the Orbi Router is connected to? The box which is directly connected to your internet source.

Message 12 of 14

@ekhalil wrote:

The question was what is the model of the ISP router to which the Orbi Router is connected to? The box which is directly connected to your internet source.

Please answer this question. Several people have asked it.

The IP addresses cited make this question even more significant.

If you can't get at the model number, how many (probably yellow) LAN ports does it have on the back?

Smells like a case of duelling routers.

If so, many of the earlier messages are overly complicated. There are simpler solutions. But who knows when we are all working in the dark.

Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem?

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

@KyroElite wrote:

Hello, my family recently purchased an orbi and although we get better speeds it blocks us from some sites, asking for a username and password. I have tried entering "admin" and "password" which doesn't work, as well as the router name and password. When I try to connect to orbilogin it says I'm not connected to the Orbi network even though I am directly connected to one of the satellites. It also doesn't let us the app store or initiate downloads on steam, origin, etc. Any help is appreciated!

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7