Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One of the Orbi satellite drop internet connection

RoundRound
Aspirant

One of the Orbi satellite drop internet connection

I have my Orbi RBK 43 (One router and two satellites) in my apartment. Both satellites shows "Blue" color for the connection strength. However, one of my satellites (Satellite 2) drops internet signal occasionally and it will not connect to internet again. If I walk with by device to the "Satellite 1" or router, the internet will be normal again, i think it is because my device will connect to them when close to them. It proves that "satellite 2" drops internet signal. I have to restart the "Satellite 2" to get connect again. What I can do?

I suspect the location of "satellite 2" has relatively unstable signal due to the walls, but i am not expecting that the drop of internet connection of "satellite 2" cannot be resumed automatically.

I am also wondering if I can force "satellite 2" to connect to the router by 2.5 Hz signal.

Please help.

Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: One of the Orbi satellite drop internet connection

It's probably the location of the satellite. It could also be interference. Try chaging the WIFI channel of your Orbi system.

If you are totally wireless is daisy chaning off or on?

For testing purposes can you move the satellite closer to the router, or if daisy chaining, closer to a satellite?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: One of the Orbi satellite drop internet connection

Try swapping RBS around with the other working RBS to see if the problem follows or not. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

@RoundRound wrote:

I have my Orbi RBK 43 (One router and two satellites) in my apartment. Both satellites shows "Blue" color for the connection strength. However, one of my satellites (Satellite 2) drops internet signal occasionally and it will not connect to internet again. If I walk with by device to the "Satellite 1" or router, the internet will be normal again, i think it is because my device will connect to them when close to them. It proves that "satellite 2" drops internet signal. I have to restart the "Satellite 2" to get connect again. What I can do?

I suspect the location of "satellite 2" has relatively unstable signal due to the walls, but i am not expecting that the drop of internet connection of "satellite 2" cannot be resumed automatically.

I am also wondering if I can force "satellite 2" to connect to the router by 2.5 Hz signal.

Please help.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7