× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ooredoo Orbi

Stallions2009
Aspirant

Ooredoo Orbi

Hi all,

Simple

Can I change the software of Ooredoo and upload the original software of the company. As I bought it from Ooredoo Qatar and took it to Egypt but I can’t set it up on my ISP configuration

Can I unlock by setting up its original software to use it in Egypt
Message 1 of 7
ekhalil
Master

I don’t think you will be able to use the original Netgear Orbi firmware, but probably you can use one of the custom-made firmware images like Voxel and others.
Message 2 of 7
Stallions2009
Aspirant

My orbi model is RBR50

How can I get the Voxl Image and how can I use it
Message 3 of 7
ekhalil
Master

Message 4 of 7
Tryingtohelp
Initiate

Yes you can update your router to the Netgear stock firmware. It worked for me. Just download the latest firmware for the RBR50 from Netgear downloads site and follow instructions in their page about uploading the firmware using a TFTP client:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-do-I-upload-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router-using-a-TFTP-client-o...

One thing not mentioned in the description above is how to put the router into recovery mode. You need to press the reset button while powering on the router and keep pressing it few seconds after the orange /red light next to it keeps flashing. That will keep the router in recovery mode so you can then send the firmware file from your computer by clicking "Put" in the TFTP software.
You can use the same method to update the satellite using its corresponding firmware.
When done your router will be unlocked for use with any network you wish to use.
Message 5 of 7
Ahmed_Sholkamy
Aspirant

Did you manage to change the firmware please? , i have the same situation
Message 6 of 7
Tryingtohelp
Initiate

Yes I unlocked my Orbi router and satellite by updating to Netgear's latest firmware which replaced the ISP branded firmware. Just follow my reply above.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7