Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orb showing two networks ORB1 and a satellite shows ORBI

Markliley
Aspirant

Orb showing two networks ORB1 and a satellite shows ORBI

My Orb180 router works with an outdoor satellite , showing ORB180, but when I plug in another RBR 50 it shows up as a separate network ORBl80.

hope someone has the answer

kindest regards

Mark

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Usually means the RBS50 hasn't synced to the RBR correctly. 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@Markliley wrote:

My Orb180 router works with an outdoor satellite , showing ORB180, but when I plug in another RBR 50 it shows up as a separate network ORBl80.

It might help if you give a more detailed description of the situation.

• There is a WiFi network consisting of an Orbi RBR50 router and RBS50Y outdoor satellite.
    The WiFi name (SSID) is broadcasted as "ORB180"
  • The RBR50 is removed and a different RBR50 is plugged in, and now the SSID is "ORBI80" (capital letter "I" instead of numeral "1")
    or...
  • The original network is left in place and an additional RBR50 is powered up, and an additional WiFi network appears?

My general understanding is that Orbi's come from the factory with a default SSID consisting of the letters "ORBI" (the name) plus a two-digit number.  Many customers elect to rename their WiFi to something else. (For example, I always give a new WiFi system the same exact SSID and password as the WiFi it is replacing so that all my devices connect automatically and I can "go back" to the previous WiFi by swapping it back in.)

Sorry that I do not completely understand the question.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend that you change the SSID on the RBR180 router to something more unique and custom. SSIDs can be anything. Then begin to add the the RBS to the RBR again. 

@Markliley wrote:

hope someone has the answer

kindest regards

Mark

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7