Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router (RBR50)

TreezBee
Aspirant

I’ve been having problems the last few weeks with my 

and reconnecting after power failure.  I received a, “weak security” message and attempted to upstate the firmware, which I’m not sure worked. After several attempts to reconnect my Orbi, I did a manurfacture’s reset and it doesn’t recognize the Orbi network and I’m getting a, “Not Trusted” message issued by router login.net.  I am at a standstill.  Any suggestions, please?

Message 1 of 4

Re: Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router (RBR50)

@TreezBee wrote:

I received a, “weak security” message ....

What gave you that message? Browser like to scare people to death these days. Sometimes for no reason.

Maybe you have installed some network secrurity system on your PC that caused this message.

and attempted to upstate the firmware, which I’m not sure worked.

How do you try to update it? What makes you think that ti did not work? Any meaningful messages?

How do I manually upgrade firmware on my Orbi router using orbilogin.com? - NETGEAR Support

.... it doesn’t recognize the Orbi network and I’m getting a, “Not Trusted” message issued by router login.net.  I am at a standstill.  Any suggestions, please?

What doesn't recognise the Orbi network? Where do you see this “Not Trusted” message?

Message 2 of 4
TreezBee
Aspirant

1. The "weak security" message is on my phone when I connect to the wifi. I never got that message prior to the issues, making me wonder if I was hacked, though I should be protected from my internet security.

2. The "do not trust" message is on Orbilogin.com, which may be my security settings on my phone.

3. Even though my "Local Network" is enabled and presently, the modem is a solid white and looks like it should be connected, but the Orbi does not detect the wifi.  I've gone through the whole setup for reconnecting, as a new system setup, hard reset, reset the modem for my internet provider and nothing works. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You might see that on Apple devices if you have mixed mode WPA and WPA2 set. Apple considers WPA and TPIK compromised and old security. Even when there devices connect using WPA2 and AES, which is also compromised, Apple wants you to know this by there status message. 

Try setting WPA2 and AES only on the RBR. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7