Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC3000 router solid Magenta

Faxman
Aspirant

Orbi AC3000 router solid Magenta

After a couple of year of problemless use  I have now ended up with a solid purple ring on my router and the satelites. I have one computer connect with a fixed cable to the Orbi router and this computer gets internet access. Over wifi I can barely connect to the system and I once I succeed in connecting to the wifi I can not access my network settings through the Orbi App, it can not detect the products. Wifi units have no internet access. I have rebooted the system a couple of times with the same result everytime - a solid magenta ring on the device and no internet access. Since my computer that is directly connected to the router has internet I know the problem is not with my ISP. 

Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Faxman
Aspirant

Re: Orbi AC3000 router solid Magenta

I had access to an extra router, did a factory reset on it and my old satelites, and then set everything up again using my old network details. Now my network works again. Not sure if I had a hardware fault, but that would be my guess. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 8
Faxman
Aspirant

Yes - I have done the 1 min shut off of both the fibermodem and the Orbi router as well as the satelites. 

When it comes to firmware I can not check which version I have since I can not connect to the Orbi units with the app. I have not preformed any update over the last 6 months, but I do not know if any automatic updates could have happened since. 

My modem that is connceted to the fibre is a Inteno Broadband Technoloy AB, model name XG6846

My unit is a Orbi RBR50 router.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

To find the FW version, please user a PC or laptop and connect to the RBRs web page at 192.168.1.1 to find the version. 

Also your modem may have a built in router. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.

Also have the ISP check signal and services up to the modem. The router is dependent upon having a good signal from the modem. 

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean

Message 4 of 8
Faxman
Aspirant

I had access to an extra router, did a factory reset on it and my old satelites, and then set everything up again using my old network details. Now my network works again. Not sure if I had a hardware fault, but that would be my guess. 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok sounds good. 

Let us know what the FW version you have loaded is. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 6 of 8
Faxman
Aspirant

My firmware version is V2.7.3.22

Thanks for the input anyhow. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink