Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AX4200 RBR750 Guest Network aIsolation

jhc19104jk
Aspirant

Orbi AX4200 RBR750 Guest Network aIsolation

Anyone know what happened to the checkbox for the guest network to disable "Allow guests to see each other and access my local network"?  When I first setup the router that option was there, but now it's gone.  My FW V4.6.9.11

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi AX4200 RBR750 Guest Network aIsolation

The original Orbi product (which I am still happily using) indeed had the option to allow devices on the guest WiFi network to connect with each other and with devices on the primary network.

When the AX products came out, that option was removed (along with several other options), with no explanation.At the time, there was a huge sense of frustration that Netgear did not provide a method to "separate" Internet of Things (IoT) devices from the primary network (for "security") and the guest network would be a neat way to do that.   Personally, I think this was a stupid move (there, I said it!).

Anyway, it's gone.  Who knows, maybe it will come back some day..... or not.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

The original Orbi product (which I am still happily using) indeed had the option to allow devices on the guest WiFi network to connect with each other and with devices on the primary network.

When the AX products came out, that option was removed (along with several other options), with no explanation.At the time, there was a huge sense of frustration that Netgear did not provide a method to "separate" Internet of Things (IoT) devices from the primary network (for "security") and the guest network would be a neat way to do that.   Personally, I think this was a stupid move (there, I said it!).

Anyway, it's gone.  Who knows, maybe it will come back some day..... or not.

Message 2 of 5
jhc19104jk
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback.  I could have swore my AX had that feature, otherwise I would have returned it.  Anyway, I guess it was removed when the FW was updated.  This sucks!!

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, GN Isolation features have never been Orbi AX since they first intro'd.

Message 4 of 5
jhc19104jk
Aspirant

I guess I stand corrected!  Thanks all...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7