Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Bridge Mode - No Connectivity

lambx
Aspirant

Orbi Bridge Mode - No Connectivity

The model type does not include that I have two connected satellites. 

When I enable bridge mode on my Xfinity gateway I lose all connectivity on my Orbi. I am having connectivity issues on a few household devices that I believe is caused by both the gateway signal and the orbi signal. 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Bridge Mode - No Connectivity

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? 

After changing the modem to bridge mode, are you rebooting both modem and Orbi router so that the router is seeing the change? 

Ensure the Orbi router is set up for Automatic DHCP under internet settings. 

Message 2 of 4
lambx
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. There is an option to get DNS automatically from ISP, which is active. There is not a DHCP option under the orbi login. 

Yes, I rebooted both, even reset Orbi and reintroduced the system.

Arris model TG1682G

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that the bridge mode on the modem isn't working fully. I would ask the ISP or the mfr of this modem for help and information.

Set the modem back to router mode, then connect the Orbi router and reset it. Walk thru the set up wizard and allow it to set up the connection. 

If this works, go into the modems web page and find the DMZ option, input the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem into the modems DMZ. This will help with this double NAT condition. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7