Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi DLNA-compliant server?

TucsonRob
Initiate

Orbi DLNA-compliant server?

I would like to replace my existing Linksys WRT1900AC wifi router with an Orbi RBK 50 system in order to improve wifi signal strength and throughput to areas of the house that currently experience poor wifi field strength.  I use the DLNA-compliant Twonky media server onboard the Linksys almost daily to access music files stored on my WD My Book NAS and play them on the home theater system, etc. using the 5GHz band of the Linksys. Does the RBK 50 have an onboard media server that is compatible with the DLNA standard and that can operate in a similar mode?

Thanks.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi DLNA-compliant server?

Don't believe it supports that kind of onboard media support. There isn't any external USB drive media support currenly on the Orbi router. Thought users have been asking for it. 

Alternative would be to keep your current router. Turn OFF ALL wireless radios and connect the Orib system up in AP modem instead of router mode. Then you can still use the features you need with the current routers then have the benifits of the Orbi wifi as an added feature.l 

Message 2 of 4
TucsonRob
Initiate

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your suggestion and will give it some thought.

Best regards.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation