× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi LBR20 Signal Being Used and Manual Testing

PMC181
Aspirant

Orbi LBR20 Signal Being Used and Manual Testing

Hi all,

I have an Orbi LBR20 with cable internet and LTE Failover to Verizon setup for some time now. I can't seem to find answers to these questions in the manual or in this forum.

1. How can I tell at any point in time if the unit is currently using cable internet or LTE? The app in my iPhone shows both connections, but which one is it using?

2. How can I manually test the system for failover? Is it as simple as disconnecting the ethernet cable between the cable modem and the LBR20?

3. If the failover works correctly should I still have my ethernet connections downstream of the LBR20 still working and also the WIFI from the LBR20?

I am asking these questions because we have lost our cable connection a couple of times and I'm not sure if the LBR20 switched over or not. 

Thanks in advance for any input. I could not believe I could not find these answers in the manual. 

pmc181

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
burrington
Star

Re: Orbi LBR20 Signal Being Used and Manual Testing

1) Advanced Tab > Internet Port window shows the current path.

2) Yes, just disconnect the ethernet cable, or power down the landline internet modem.

3) Yes, if you wired it correctly, everything will still work properly, but internet will be via cellular.

Note that it takes a couple minutes (about 3) to switch over to the cellular, and about a minute to switch back. I think this is to prevent wild switching on an intermittent connection.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
burrington
Star

1) Advanced Tab > Internet Port window shows the current path.

2) Yes, just disconnect the ethernet cable, or power down the landline internet modem.

3) Yes, if you wired it correctly, everything will still work properly, but internet will be via cellular.

Note that it takes a couple minutes (about 3) to switch over to the cellular, and about a minute to switch back. I think this is to prevent wild switching on an intermittent connection.

Message 2 of 3
PMC181
Aspirant

Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements