Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi LTE Router LBR20

packer_man
Follower

Orbi LTE Router LBR20

I have a 1 year old Orbi LTE Router LBR20, using Verizon SIM Card.Orbi disconnects several times per week and rarely has a GOOD signal strength. I can place my I-Phone with hotspot on next to home PC and that is much faster than my Orbi sitting next to my PC. Did I buy the wrong Orbi, installed wrong, wrong service plan or bad Router????

Ready to move to different system if this does not get better!!!

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi LTE Router LBR20

it might be how verizon has it setup. 
I know my parents have a verizon home gateway. But it maxes out speeds at 50mbps most of the time while i can pull 300+ down on my phone next to it. It could be a verizon provisioning for routers versus phones. MIght check with them. 

Another thing worth checking out into is upgrading the antennas to external antennas. 

not saying it'll help but worth checking into if verizon says its a signal thing. 

https://www.waveform.com/a/b/guides/hotspots/netgear-orbi-4g-lbr20

You could also try the verizon home gateway if they're saying its the lbr20. You can always connect the lbr to it and just use it as a router 

Message 2 of 3
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi LTE Router LBR20

Hello packer_man,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having issues with your internet connection via mobile broadband.  Your LBR20 is capable of the following wireless speeds using LTE ->2.4GHz (400Mbps†) + 5GHz (866Mbps†).

Incorrect configuration of the mobile broadband PDP, authentication method, and credentials can cause the network stability issues that you have been experiencing.  First, ensure that "Always use 3G/4G mobile connection" is enabled. 
Then ensure that you power cycle your LBR20. Once completed, please follow guidance from your ISP to configure the mobile broadband PDP, authentication method, and credentials. Please note that your ISP may require a PIN or PUK for mobile broadband for network connectivity.

Please go to the following settings to verify your mobile broadband network mode: ADVANCED > Setup > Internet Setup > Mobile Broadband Settings>Internet Connection Mode> "Always use 3G/4G mobile connection".

(Please note the settings above are settings that you will need to navigate to configure your ISP settings.)

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7