Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK40 as AP

Klysner
Aspirant

Orbi RBK40 as AP

Hi.

I have a RBK40 with a RBW30. But it's not enough for my house. I would like to buy a RBK20 with RBS20, because of the price, instead of buying two satellites. Then use the RBK20 as router, RBS20 and RBW30 as satellites for the RBK20. Then the RBK40 as a wired AP to the RBK20.

Is this possible?

If so, do I need two diffent SSID's?

BR, Kim.

Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

@Klysner wrote:

Hi.

I have a RBK40 with a RBW30. But it's not enough for my house. I would like to buy a RBK20 with RBS20, because of the price, instead of buying two satellites. Then use the RBK20 as router, RBS20 and RBW30 as satellites for the RBK20. Then the RBK40 as a wired AP to the RBK20.

Is this possible?

If so, do I need two diffent SSID's?

BR, Kim.

I think that you meant RBR in all RBK that you mentioned above! 🙂

Yes, the configuration you are suggesting above should be ok:

RBR20 as your main router (in Router Mode) with two satellites: RBS20 and RBW30.

Then you want to use the RBR40 as a wired AP (in AP Mode). In this case, yes you have to use 2 different SSID's in the RBR20 and RBR40.

Message 2 of 4
Klysner
Aspirant

Yes I saw this just now. Hoping for a firmware update, so the RBK40 can work as a satellite. Don't wan't two SSID's again. That's why I changed to the Orbi system.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any RBR## unit will never be supported as a satellite. Only works in main router mode or AP mode only. Will not work as a satellite or work as a extender for wifi. 

@Klysner wrote:

Yes I saw this just now. Hoping for a firmware update, so the RBK40 can work as a satellite. Don't wan't two SSID's again. That's why I changed to the Orbi system.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7