Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK40 confirming satellite operation

bhontz
Aspirant

Orbi RBK40 confirming satellite operation

All,  I recently installed a video doorbell which after installation (but not in pre-sales testing provided) claims I have poor wireless connectivity at my doorbell.  I snapped open my Orbi app and noted that my satellite (within 30' of the doorbell) count was 0.

Later on I checked the router through NETGEAR's router admin site (at the base IP of my Orbi router) and it notes that the satellite is an attached device.

What do I believe here?  Does the router admin's claim of attachment mean the satellite is operatable, or does my mobile Orbi app running on the WiFi network have the correct answer?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi RBK40 confirming satellite operation

I believe this is a known bug.  If devices (other than the doorbell) can reach the LAN and Internet when connected to the satellite, then it's working.

Message 2 of 4
bhontz
Aspirant

One problem I see here is how do I know those devices aren't simply connecting through the main Orbi hub?  Is there a way I can take the satellite out of the equation (disconnect it for example) and "measure" wifi signal / performance at a location like the doorbell?

Message 3 of 4
st_shaw
Master

You can log into the main Orbi's IP address and look at the attached devices list.  It will show which unit (router or satellite) your devices are connected to.  You need the latest v2.0 firmware to see this though.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7