Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK43 keeps dropping wifi connection

Dbarn
Aspirant

Orbi RBK43 keeps dropping wifi connection

I have the RBK43, which, when connected works great.  However, once per day it disconnects from the cable modem - meanding the wifi quits working.  I can confirm the wifi still works because I can connect directly to our cable modem and get a signal.  I have to reset the Orbi ever day.  If anyone can help with this problem please let me know.  Our service provider is Comcast and the Orbi is connected to a Arris modem, model TG1682G

Message 1 of 8
st_shaw
Master

@Dbarn wrote:

However, once per day ... the wifi quits working.  I can confirm the wifi still works because I can connect directly to our cable modem and get a signal. 

This makes it sound like you still have the WiFi active in your Arris modem.  This might not be your only problem, but you should turn off the WiFi radio(s) in your Arris to avoid interference with Orbi.

Message 2 of 8
Dbarn
Aspirant

Thanks for the message. Unfortunately, the wifi on my Arris modem is turned off so that is not the issue.  

Message 3 of 8
Dbarn
Aspirant

It is still losing connection
Message 4 of 8
ratb3rt
Tutor

I had the same issue today. My phone wifi showed no internet on the Orbi SSID. The Orbi app on my phone could not connect to the router, and my Wink hub was off line. The wired connection through the router was working, but not wifi. I power cycled the modem and wifi came back after a few minutes. This was the first time this has happened since purchase a couple of weeks ago. I am on the latest firmware 2.0.0.56. I also have an Arris telephony modem with Comcast with it's wifi turned off.

Message 5 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ratb3rt

You may want to try the latest 2.1 firmware which I linked

http://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK43.aspx#download

DarrenM

Message 6 of 8
DESIi1
Star

Re: Orbi RBK43 keeps dropping wifi connection -- RESOLVED

After a month of dropping connections and trying different configurations, we found the answer.  Orbi is not compatible with Comcast's Arris modem as an AP.  This was proven through extensive testing.   It may work in pass-through mode but that was not proven.  Replacing the Comcast Arris modem with a Netgear cable/phone modem resolved the problem. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK43 keeps dropping wifi connection -- RESOLVED

What is the model# of the Arris modem?

@DESIi1 wrote:

After a month of dropping connections and trying different configurations, we found the answer.  Orbi is not compatible with Comcast's Arris modem as an AP.  This was proven through extensive testing.   It may work in pass-through mode but that was not proven.  Replacing the Comcast Arris modem with a Netgear cable/phone modem resolved the problem. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7