Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR/RBS50 Firmware Updates

dnh3155
Tutor

Orbi RBR/RBS50 Firmware Updates

I just did a firmware update to 2.2.1.210.  No matter where I go in the app, it says that this is the latest version. I read that there is a new firmware version, and that I have to update to 2.2.1.212 to get it. Obviously, I’m two updates behind. How do I get to the latest?

Message 1 of 7
bryandmlee
Apprentice

Re: Orbi RBR/RBS50 Firmware Updates

There was indeed a new firmware release earlier today, but Netgear has since pulled it as some users have given feedback that certain firmware files are not working properly. I suppose once the new firmware is up on the Orbi support downloads page again it'll also be available for updating via the Orbi app.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please be patient while NG handles the new FW. It was posted and also v212 was needed to update the RBR to v32 as well. Changes are being made so keep an eye on the forums and the download site. Some system may have updated automatically as well. Keep an eye on your systems. 

@dnh3155 wrote:

I just did a firmware update to 2.2.1.210.  No matter where I go in the app, it says that this is the latest version. I read that there is a new firmware version, and that I have to update to 2.2.1.212 to get it. Obviously, I’m two updates behind. How do I get to the latest?

Message 3 of 7
dnh3155
Tutor

I am having trouble updating rbr50/rbs50 to latest version. I have tried to load 2.2.1.212 on satellites first through orbilogin manual, but can’t do it. Obviously, I’m missing something. 

Thanks 

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Satellites don't need v212, they can go directly to v32 first. Upgrade the satellites first. When those are finished, upgrade the RBR to v212 then v32.

If you need to factory reset the RBS re-sync. then have a wired LAN PC connected to the satellite and update the FW there. 

@dnh3155 wrote:

I am having trouble updating rbr50/rbs50 to latest version. I have tried to load 2.2.1.212 on satellites first through orbilogin manual, but can’t do it. Obviously, I’m missing something. 

Thanks 

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@dnh3155 wrote:

Thanks 

Although the satellites (apparently) do not require an intermediate update to the "212" release, Netgear provides 212 firmware for the satellites, so I applied it to my satellite "just for the heck of it."

"orbilogin.net" will return the IP address of the router, not the satellite.  To do a manual firmware update on the satellite, I connect to the IP address of the satellite and select the "Firmware Update" menu option.  The IP of the satellie(s) can be found on the "Attached Devices" page.  Satellites appear at the top.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to know. Something users can follow. I would avoid the intermediate version on the RBS. Go directly to v32 from v210. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7