Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR10 Router Wifi

YumanAndy
Aspirant

Orbi RBR10 Router Wifi

We just set up a RBR10 system last fall, my question is, is there a way that I can point a device so it only connects thru the RBR10 and not one of the satellites?  Problem im having is I work at home in our back yard office and for some reason our Roku Streaming Stick (which is 4 ft from the RBR10) wants to connect to my Satellite 98 feet away instead and wipes out my company VPN connection several times a day and drops my customer calls on my internet phone system. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR10 Router Wifi

Is the Roku streaming stick perhaps "behind the television set" (made of metal) and does not have a clear line-of-sight to the RBR10?

With the satellite 98 ft. from the router, it is a wonder the satellite has a connection at all.  Does it really show as "Good" in the Orbi web interface, Attached Devices display?

With the "10" satellite not having an Ethernet port, many of the solutions that are often suggested are not appropriate. (Powerline, MoCA, etc.)

There are several Roku units which support Ethernet.  That would allow the Roku to connect directly to the RBR10 (or to an inexpensive Ethernet switch that is connected to the RBR10).  This will eliminate that specific issue at a cost of under $100.

Message 2 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @YumanAndy ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Commuinty!

I understand that you are having issues with voice through your satellite when your Roku is streaming. One way that users were able to resolve issues in regards to voice via internet (which is also known as VOIP) is to disable the SIP ALG settings on your router.

To Disable SIG ALG please follow the steps below:

1. Login to your Orbi admin page.
  2. Select the " ADVANCED" Tab.
  3. Select Setup.
  4. Select "WAN Setup.
  5. Check "Disable SIP ALG"
  6. Then Select "APPLY"

Best,

Kevin 

Community Team

Message 3 of 4
YumanAndy
Aspirant

Roku is 5 feet from the Orbi and it sits above the roku  so thats not an issue, but a good thought

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7