Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR20 does not connect to internet through Draytek Vigor 130

Splnthgs1
Aspirant

Orbi RBR20 does not connect to internet through Draytek Vigor 130

Have just purchased RBR20 which worked patchily with BT HH6 so upgraded to Draytek Vigor 130. It is not not possible to connect to internet (BT) at all - any help you can give will be appreciated.

Stephen

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Splnthgs1
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR20 does not connect to internet through Draytek Vigor 130

Thanks all.  A little late night research showed that I hadn’t entered the bet internet password into the router!  Once I had done that all works well.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Be sure to power OFF both Modem and Orbi. Power ON the modem after 1 minute. Power ON the Orbi after 30 seconds. Walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web brower connected to orbilogin.com

@Splnthgs1 wrote:

Have just purchased RBR20 which worked patchily with BT HH6 so upgraded to Draytek Vigor 130. It is not not possible to connect to internet (BT) at all - any help you can give will be appreciated.

Stephen

Message 2 of 7

@Splnthgs1 wrote:

Stephen

Is that this device?

Vigor 130 ADSL/VDSL Modem

If so, it looks like a straightforward modem, but I would check out the mode. Some modems, such as the Netgear DM200, have to be configured into modem only mode to work with a router.

Can you connect the modem to BT without the router in place?

If not, sort that out first. There's not much help that anyone from Netgear can give on that front.

Message 3 of 7
Splnthgs1
Aspirant

Thanks all.  A little late night research showed that I hadn’t entered the bet internet password into the router!  Once I had done that all works well.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

So the Modem is bridged? 

Would be helpful if you gave feedback to the questions presented next time

Glad it's working now. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Splnthgs1 wrote:

Message 5 of 7

@Splnthgs1 wrote:

A little late night research showed that I hadn’t entered the bet internet password into the router! 

Just one problem with that solution, BT does not need a password to login to its Internet. Just a username, which, from what I read, can be pretty well anything @btinternet.com. I use my BT email address.

Message 6 of 7
Splnthgs1
Aspirant

You are correct, of course, Michael - I meant to say user name where I used bthomehub@btinternet.com and this worked perfectly. Someone on a BT discussion thread said that they used the user name as password and this is what I did.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7