Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40 connect to GigaClear Fibre Network?

Geoff202380
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40 connect to GigaClear Fibre Network?

Hi, hope you can help, has anyone ever directly connected their RBR40 to the GigaClear fibre network? I’d prefer to use my own system I am familiar with rather than the Linksys router provided by them? Does anyone know if this be feasible?
Many thanks for any advice, Geoff
Message 1 of 5
Geoff202380
Aspirant

RBR40 connecting to GigaClear fibre network help?

Hi, hope you can help, has anyone ever directly connected their RBR40 to the GigaClear fibre network? I’d prefer to use my own system I am familiar with rather than the Linksys router provided by them? Does anyone know if this be feasible?
Many thanks for any advice, Geoff
Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR40 connecting to GigaClear fibre network help?

Yes, the RBR40 should connect to the Fiber Optical Network Terminator (ONT) in place of the Linksys WiFi router.

If they provided you with credentials to access the Linksys, it would be worth a few minutes verifying that this ISP does not require customers to log in with a user name and password to access their system.  If they do not, then call their tech support number and ask.

The only "gotcha" is if they are providing telephone service over their network.  Orbi routers do not have telephone capability.

Message 3 of 5
Geoff202380
Aspirant

Re: RBR40 connecting to GigaClear fibre network help?

Thanks for your quick reply, good news about the RBR40 but I have ordered the home phone service, is there a way to use the Linksys GigaClear router for the physical phone connection and switch the WiFi facility off so can use the RBR40 mesh network for the WiFi access only? What do you think?
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40 connect to GigaClear Fibre Network?

You'll need to ask the ISP if they support external branded routers to use with there ISP system. If the ISP ONT handles the internet connection and has a ethernet port to connect to, then the Orbi system could work. If there giving you a Linksys branded router, then I presume Orbi should work too. However there maybe some ISP configuration, i.e. PPPoE, that needs to be setup. Something to ask the ISP about. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7