Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40

tadatech
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40

I would like to turn all Wifi/AP from my Orbi and go strictly with UBNT unifi controller and APs. But for some reason when I turn off everything in the wireless settings the AP is still up and running. Any idea how to turn the RBR40 into strictly a router only?

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40

This qualifies as a "strange request".  The entire point of Orbi is "mesh WiFi".  If the goal is to deploy Ubiquiti WiFi, the most logical thing to do would be remove the Orbi entirely and install a Ubiquiti router designed to work with Ubiquiti WiFi.  (Alas, I Googled "UBNT" and found nothing, so I have no idea what the goal is.)  Or, there are any number of decent routers available for under $100.

What a person could do, would be to:

This would reduce the Orbi to a "so so" router and there would be some anemic, invisible WiFi networks.

Apologize if I have missed something obvious and gone wandering off in the wrong direction.

Message 2 of 3
tadatech
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR40

I understand your concerns. The client originally has the orbi system in place but we found that the ubnt wifi system is better. We plan on saving them some money and using the orbi strictly as a router. We've found we can turn it off via the Chrome Dev mode. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7