Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 2.7.0.70 not showing all the attached devices

riceale
Tutor

Orbi RBR50 2.7.0.70 not showing all the attached devices

RBR50 (2.7.0.70) and two satelites RBS50 (V2.7.0.70) and RBS20 (2.5.1.16) are not showing all the attached devices in the website or app.  Is this a known issue?  Any recomendations?

Thank you

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 2.7.0.70 not showing all the attached devices

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Does same happen with RBS20 turned OFF? 

You might upgrade to v102:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-Router-Firmware-Version-V2-7-2-102/m-p/2034115/high...

Message 2 of 15
XBond
Apprentice

The exact same thing is happening to me and I do have 102 (got it today). 

It started happening about a week or so ago when I rebooted my router and 2 satellites. Neither the app nor webpage shows all the connected devices.

What's worse, after the 102 upgrade this morning, the app is now acting completely wonky. E.g. on the home screen, the Devices Manager shows 'Devices (10)'. This is incorrect as there are more devices attached. However, if I tap on the Devices Manager to see the details, it now says 'Devices (111)' - huh! There are things on that list that I do not recognize and it is clearly wrong : The website shows 10 connected devices (which I all recognize). In the app, if I tap 'Network Map'  and then tap on my router/satellites, I don't see 111.One satellite is showing the wrong devices (e.g. my wife's phone, but she is not home). And it also shows my phone connected to both the satellite and router!

Both the router and satellites were rebooted this am.

Also, the app used to show devices listed under the WiFi (guest, non-guest) it was connected to - no more. That was really handy. Would be great to get that back.

Message 3 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

I would give it a day to let the system settle in after the reset and you set itp. 

If this fails, you might revert manually back to v16. 

Message 4 of 15
XBond
Apprentice

I would prefer not to have to do a factory reset/scratch setup and that does seem rather "harsh". Smiley Happy

I will give it a day to see if things shake out. I was seeing similiar issue prior to the FW update, so I am not sure if reverting will help, but it is certainly an option.

Message 5 of 15
vajim
Master

@XBond wrote:

I would prefer not to have to do a factory reset/scratch setup and that does seem rather "harsh". Smiley Happy

I will give it a day to see if things shake out. I was seeing similiar issue prior to the FW update, so I am not sure if reverting will help, but it is certainly an option.

or perhaps revert the firmware 

Message 6 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset would be needed after the update to ensure any odd problems are cleared out and give the system a clean slate to work with. 

@XBond wrote:

Message 7 of 15
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Factory reset would be needed after the update to ensure any odd problems are cleared out and give the system a clean slate to work with. 

Not true

Many users here have done firmware updates without performing a factory reset, which by the way is more so used in cases of lost passwords.

Message 8 of 15
Happyrocks
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. I can only see a max of 16 devices which makes it difficult to troubleshoot an issue I am having with a camera because I can't see where it is connecting to. I haven't tried a factory reset as I am not sure this will fix the problem and don't want to waste time re-setting everything up.

Message 9 of 15
XBond
Apprentice

I was finally contacted by Netgear support and although it took quite a while and several screenshots, I was able to help them understand the issue.

My hunch is that this was a feature change at some (recent) point, and I requested that they at least added options to the app to turn this functionality off.

Message 10 of 15
vajim
Master

@XBond wrote:

I was finally contacted by Netgear support and although it took quite a while and several screenshots, I was able to help them understand the issue.

My hunch is that this was a feature change at some (recent) point, and I requested that they at least added options to the app to turn this functionality off.

Stop using the app.....junk.  

Message 11 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try updating FW as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-Orbi-RBR50-Router-Firmware-Version-V2-7-2-104-Released/m-p...

@XBond wrote:

Message 12 of 15
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You can try updating FW as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-Orbi-RBR50-Router-Firmware-Version-V2-7-2-104-Released/m-p...

@XBond wrote:

These updates may be the cause of the problem 

turn off pushing updates 

Message 13 of 15
Happyrocks
Aspirant

Get the same result in both the router GUI and the app. I generally don't use the app.

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Try udpating to v104:

or downgrade to v16:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

@Happyrocks wrote:

Get the same result in both the router GUI and the app. I generally don't use the app.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7