Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 / 2 RBS50 satellites - WiFI speed extremely slow

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi RBR50 / 2 RBS50 satellites - WiFI speed extremely slow

@AmanSingh wrote:
Tell that to the documentation that comes up packed in the Orbi system package 🙂

If you're talking about the app, I never use it.  Why?  Because IF I need to look at my router config, I use the PC login.

Message 26 of 33
AmanSingh
Tutor

That is what am trying to say... most people are not aware that the process can be completed through web interface as well because of the documentation that comes with the package itself. They simply scan theQR code, download the app, and follow the instructions as it comes on the app. Am sharing the same concern as you because the ones who wants the latest and greatest are probably the ignorant ones or users who are not aware about it.
Message 27 of 33
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@AmanSingh wrote:
That is what am trying to say... most people are not aware that the process can be completed through web interface as well because of the documentation that comes with the package itself. They simply scan theQR code, download the app, and follow the instructions as it comes on the app. Am sharing the same concern as you because the ones who wants the latest and greatest are probably the ignorant ones or users who are not aware about it.

That's all fine.  I'm not sure about 'most people', but I agree more and more people choose to do ALL on the phone.  Then the problem may be with the app itself.  That's NGs problem.  

There is a forum area for the app.

I'm pretty sure my Orbi said nothing about the app (or if it did, it was an option that I refused).  I'm just more comfortable using the pc.

Message 28 of 33
AmanSingh
Tutor

FYI.. i just rebooted my router today and the upload speed has gone down again, it is 50mbps.

Still continue to wonder what the issue can be ...
Message 29 of 33
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@AmanSingh wrote:
FYI.. i just rebooted my router today and the upload speed has gone down again, it is 50mbps.

Still continue to wonder what the issue can be ...

so what FW are you on now?

Message 30 of 33
AmanSingh
Tutor

Message 31 of 33
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@AmanSingh wrote:

did you ever look closer at the Spectrum modem?  What's funny you said the Orbi has been working for 2 years then you upgraded your service.  If the modem and the Orbi are not in conflict  I would check with Spectrum.  

Message 32 of 33
AmanSingh
Tutor

Thats not me 🙂
Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements