Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 Device List Issues

sturt007
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 Device List Issues

Hi guys,
I have recently bought the Orbi RBR50 with a satilite device.

I am having a couple of issues:

1) If I go onto the device list on the Orbi app, I see the devices but if I click to pause a device, nothing happens! Device just continues to be connected.

2) Although I am connected to the internet via Orbi WiFi, every 10 mins or so my iPhone will say, you are not connected to the internet?

I have TPG NBN with a TP Link AC1200 router connected via Ethernet to the Orbi.

Thanks 🙂
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 8
ekhalil
Master

1) Access Control does not work properly in current software. I’m afraid you need to wait until this is fixed in coming releases.
2) This second issue is likely caused by your TP-Link Router not being bridged. Please either set this ISP router is bridge mode, or if not possible then you need to change Orbi to AP Mode (I guess you have it now in the default Router Mode)
Good luck!
Message 2 of 8
sturt007
Aspirant

Thank you for the help, that’s great.

With regard to the TP Link router, would you happen to know how I change this to bridge mode? Also, how do I change Orbi to AP mode?

Message 3 of 8
ekhalil
Master

What is the model of the TP-Link Router so I can check how to set it in bridged mode. 

For Orbi, you can set it in AP mode using the GUI as follows:

Namnlöst.png

Message 4 of 8
sturt007
Aspirant

The model of the router is: TP Link AC1200.

Thanks heaps for the info on changing Orbi to AP mode, this is now done.

Is it somthing that you would recommend to have the Orbi in AP mode and the TP Link router in bridge mode? Does increase speeds or stability?

Cheers:)

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 5 of 8
ekhalil
Master

@sturt007 wrote:

Is it somthing that you would recommend to have the Orbi in AP mode and the TP Link router in bridge mode? Does increase speeds or stability?

Either your ISP router (the TP-Link router) or Orbi should act as the main router in your network. It depends on which device you think has better router functionality. In Orbi the following Router functionality you will loose if setting it in AP mode:

• Guest Network
  • QoS
  • Setup Wizard
  • Port Forwarding/Port Triggering
  • Remote Management
  • UPnP
  • IPv6
  • Traffic Meter
  • Parental Controls
  • Block Sites
  • Block Services
  • VPN service
  • VLAN/IPTV setup
  • Internet Setup
  • WAN Setup
  • LAN Setup

If you think that you need this functionality and this is not provided by the TP-Link router then it's better to keep Orbi in Router Mode and set the TP-Link router to Bridged mode instead.

I don't think that either setting will have any effect on speed.

@sturt007 wrote:

The model of the router is: TP Link AC1200.

Ac1200 is just the max throughput of the router. Can't you find any other model number on the box?

Message 6 of 8
sturt007
Aspirant

Thanks.

On the back of the router, it says Model: AC1200, there is no otger model information.

Message 7 of 8
ekhalil
Master

@sturt007 wrote:

Thanks.

On the back of the router, it says Model: AC1200, there is no otger model information.

Hmm. Does it look like this:

Namnlöst.png

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7