Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 Dropping Internet Connection Regularly

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 Dropping Internet Connection Regularly

Inout that IP address here:

https://whois.domaintools.com

Message 126 of 181
Harryp123
Aspirant

Please find attached "Whois" responses for Dos Attack ip address.

I have seen few of them. This thread not allowing to add multiple files.

Message 127 of 181
Harryp123
Aspirant

Internet connection still dropping.

Today one of the satellite lost connection. I had to unplug power and resync it.

Message 128 of 181
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact your ISP and have them change your WAN IP address to something else to see if these attacks continue or go away.

What devices do you have connected to the Orbi on the LAN side? 

Any amazon services that you use or amazon devices? 

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the FIOS modem the NG router is connected too?

@Harryp123 wrote:

Internet connection still dropping.

Today one of the satellite lost connection. I had to unplug power and resync it.

Message 129 of 181
gr8sho
Virtuoso

FWIW, I see DOS attacks in my log as well. No connection issues I can detect.
Message 130 of 181
Harryp123
Aspirant

I would contact your ISP and have them change your WAN IP address to something else to see if these attacks continue or go away.

-- Contacted verizon and changed WAN IP address

What devices do you have connected to the Orbi on the LAN side?

-- Windows computers, Mac Book, iPhones, Samsung TV, Samsung Galaxy tab, Ring Doorb ell & camera, Google Chrome

Any amazon services that you use or amazon devices?

-- No special amazon services (like streaming - fire stick etc)

-- V2.3.1.60 (Updated today)
What is the Mfr and model# of the FIOS modem the NG router is connected too?

-- Verizon Fios modem from verizon (not sure what is the model #)

Message 131 of 181
FURRYe38
Guru

See any attacks in the logs now after a IP change and FW update? 

any model number printed on the ISP Modem or sticker that lists the model number of the modem? 

Message 132 of 181
Harryp123
Aspirant

[DoS Attack: TCP/UDP Chargen] from source: 45.79.128.218, port 42690, Wednesday, May 08, 2019 20:42:45

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 31.13.71.49, port 443, Wednesday, May 08, 2019 18:50:47

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 190.106.206.50, port 443, Wednesday, May 08, 2019 17:44:33

Message 133 of 181
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Harryp123 wrote:

[DoS Attack: TCP/UDP Chargen] from source: 45.79.128.218, port 42690, Wednesday, May 08, 2019 20:42:45

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 31.13.71.49, port 443, Wednesday, May 08, 2019 18:50:47

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 190.106.206.50, port 443, Wednesday, May 08, 2019 17:44:33

Does your Internet connection starts acting up within this time window by any chance?

Message 134 of 181
Harryp123
Aspirant

Not sure. It didn't disconnect. So not sure what kind of oddness we are lookoing for and how to identify.

Message 135 of 181
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Harryp123 wrote:

Not sure. It didn't disconnect. So not sure what kind of oddness we are lookoing for and how to identify.

Is it possible that the Modem is going bad?

Can you check the Modem logs?

Message 136 of 181
rolf_berg
Guide

I have the RBK/RBS solution (router with three satellites) and just want to say that its performance is horrible. Continuous disconections, at least once per day, that forces me to reboot the system. Very often all my wifi-components only connects with the router itself (what is then the reason for the satellites?). Shame on you Netgear.....

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 137 of 181
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Placement of the RBR and RBS's are key to good operation. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@rolf_berg wrote:

I have the RBK/RBS solution (router with three satellites) and just want to say that its performance is horrible. Continuous disconections, at least once per day, that forces me to reboot the system. Very often all my wifi-components only connects with the router itself (what is then the reason for the satellites?). Shame on you Netgear.....

Message 138 of 181

@Harryp123 wrote:

NetRange: 45.79.0.0 - 45.79.255.255
CIDR: 45.79.0.0/16
NetName: LINODE-US
NetHandle: NET-45-79-0-0-1
Parent: NET45 (NET-45-0-0-0-0)
NetType: Direct Allocation
OriginAS: AS3595, AS21844, AS8001, AS6939
Organization: Linode (LINOD)
RegDate: 2015-04-29
Updated: 2015-04-29
Comment: Linode, LLC
Comment: http://www.linode.com
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/45.79.0.0

inetnum: 31.13.71.0 - 31.13.71.255
netname: LGA1
descr: Facebook
admin-c: RD4299-RIPE
tech-c: RD4299-RIPE
mnt-by: fb-neteng
mnt-lower: fb-neteng
mnt-routes: fb-neteng
created: 2014-06-11T18:48:31Z
last-modified: 2014-06-11T18:48:31Z
source: RIPE

inetnum: 190.106.206.48/28
owner: AGENCIAS JI COHEN
ownerid: GT-AJCO-LACNIC
responsible: Joshua Cuevas
address: 20 AV 5-51 Zona 14, ,
address: 01014 - GUATEMALA -
phone: +502 23281000 []
owner-c: SAB3
tech-c: SAB3
abuse-c: SAB3
created: 20160711
changed: 20160711
inetnum-up: 190.106.192/19

Message 139 of 181
rolf_berg
Guide

I wonder why you send me all these crappy, non interesting questions that you send to all who complain about your Orbi-concept?

To me it makes you look even more unserious, than the feeling I already get from using the router and three satellites that have to be rebooted on a daily basis.

Message 140 of 181

Are you here just to rant or do you want to sort out a problem?

@rolf_berg wrote:

I wonder why you send me all these crappy, non interesting questions that you send to all who complain about your Orbi-concept?

Questions are there to try to track down the cause of problems. Sadly, too many people provide poor information that makes it hard to determine what is going on.

To me it makes you look even more unserious, than the feeling I already get from using the router and three satellites that have to be rebooted on a daily basis.

You don't look all that serious yourself if you cannot tell the difference between Netgear's support people and the fellow users who post most of the messages that are trying to help solve problems.

It is also hard to take someone seriously when they join in on a conversation that has been running for nearly a year. Did you even read the messages before yours?

If it isn't too late, take the stuff back to the shop and look for something that is easier to use.

Message 141 of 181
rolf_berg
Guide

...and what do you think? But when you ask about how big my house is etc. it is totally unserious. I am an IT-professional myself.

Message 142 of 181

@rolf_berg wrote:

I am an IT-professional myself.

Ah, that get out of jail card.

Some of the questions may not seem relevant to you. But they are refined in many sessions dealing with people who turn up providing poor details of what is going on.

By all means carry on moaning. But forgive the rest of us if we get on with trying to help people.

Message 143 of 181
rolf_berg
Guide

But your assistance is totally meaningless and just a waste of time. The Orbi-solution suffers from bad firmware. And someone should fix it asap. Otherwise my four units will be returned.

Message 144 of 181
FURRYe38
Guru

Not everyone is having problems with there systems. Are many factors to having good working wifi systems. Current FW version is working for many users. 

The questions presented are valid and relevent and if answered allows us to gain a better idea of your system, configuration and settnigs. And helps us better help you to figure out if this is a HW, FW or user mis-configurations. If you don't want to give feedback to the questions or let us help you then you should probably return the system and find something that you can get working. Maybe Google or Eero would be more easy for you. 

Good Luck. 

@rolf_berg wrote:

But your assistance is totally meaningless and just a waste of time. The Orbi-solution suffers from bad firmware. And someone should fix it asap. Otherwise my four units will be returned.

Message 145 of 181
FURRYe38
Guru

If he was an actual IT pro, he would not be here in the forums. Or at least, would be more open to giving information and feedback to questions presented or know how to really trouble shoot wifi and router problems. 

@michaelkenward wrote:

ah, that get out of jail card.

Some of the questions may not seem relevant to you. But they are refined in many sessions dealing with people who turn up providing poor details of what is going on.

By all means carry on moaning. But forgive the rest of us if we get on with trying to help people.

Message 146 of 181
rolf_berg
Guide

That must be the statement of the day; "Current FW version is working for many users." It is like having an iPhone that is almost working. NG, if you have a product in this price-range it has to be flawless. Orbi is not in that category.

Message 147 of 181
FURRYe38
Guru

Maybe for you however we don't know and you haven't qualified or given feed back to questions so your point is irrelevant and pointless. If you don't want any help from the community getting your Orbi working then move along and return it for something that works for you. Many others on here that have working systems. For those that have had problems, they come here to the fourms and we help them fix there problems. Smiley Very Happy

Message 148 of 181
rolf_berg
Guide

Having read loads of Q&A's it seems like you have helped no-one. You only repeat the same questions (how big is your house etc.) and the users give up in the end. Like I do now. Good bye.

Message 149 of 181
FURRYe38
Guru

Have a great day. Heart

Message 150 of 181
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7