Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 Slow Wired WAN after 2.2.1.210 Upgrade

FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it worked. Be aware that your ISP may upgrade the modem. 

I would contact the ISP and or the modem MFR and let them know if what your experiencing with the different modem FW versions. 

@cheddarbo46 wrote:

Found a working link for the old PACE / ATT firmware:

http://gateway.c01.sbcglobal.net/firmware/00D09E/10.5.3.527283-PROD/5268.install.pkgstream

After applying the firmware update (and rebooting the modem) I was able to switch back to DMZ+ mode.  I'm getting speeds closer to normal on the Orbi now (about 750 up and down currently).  The interface for the PACE modem is REALLY slow for some reason after going back to the old firmware, but with some patience it paid off.

Message 26 of 28

Att installed a BGW210-700 modem for my fiber service yesterday and it supports ip passthrough. My setup is 100% working again.

I tried unsuccessfully to have them just ship me the new gateway. They sent me 3 PACE modems. Apparently that’s what they have the most of so that’s what you get no matter what you request via phone or chat. I had to have a tech come out. He argued with me that it was a problem with the netgear for about an hour and made me re-troubleshoot it all for him. In the end he escalated back to their modem techs and installed the new modem for me.
Message 27 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know how it went and taking the time to show the ISP people the issue. Glad the BGW210-700 modem works with the Orbi. Enjoy. 

Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7