Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 running 2.1.4.16 dropping Wifi Connection to a Blackberry running Android

bitb2072
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 running 2.1.4.16 dropping Wifi Connection to a Blackberry running Android

I have had my Orbi for a while now and it is stable with every device in my home EXCEPT my Blackberry Keyone running Android.I do not have the connectivity issues when connected to other routers and devices. I travel a lot for work and the only router I have issues with is the Orbi on the device. 

This had not always been the case either. It was previously not an issue and as stated above not an issue on other routers.

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 running 2.1.4.16 dropping Wifi Connection to a Blackberry running Android

How is the Orbi configured? If other devices work ith the Orbi, the it's possible this Blackberry may have compatiblity problems with the Orbi. I would ask the Mfr of this Blackberry if they have tested this with an Orbi system and have any help and information regarding it. 

Message 2 of 11
bitb2072
Aspirant

Its a Blackberry but it is running normal Android software. It also didn't previously have an issue and since it doesn't have issues with any other wifi router I don't get why it has issues with the Orbi?

Message 3 of 11
tux_peng
Aspirant

Same here

Android 7.1.2
Verizon Duraforce pro
Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 4 of 11
bitb2072
Aspirant

My phone is running 7.1.1 Android

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 6 of 11
bitb2072
Aspirant

I already had the channel turned to 6, 20/40 disabled and the 5.0 netowork disabled. I will try the rest of the setting changes and follow up.

Message 7 of 11
bitb2072
Aspirant

So, the only change I made was I disabled the Daisy chain and so far everything seems to be stable. I had already made the other suggested changes before addressing the community.
Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Hope it keeps working for you.

Enjoy.

Message 9 of 11
bitb2072
Aspirant

Still having issues. I did a Master Reset and am going to go back and check the settings again. Not sure why the thing won't keep a connection to my Blackberry. Makes no sense at all.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend contacting the Mfr of this device to see if they have any help, or information on this device. See if they have done any testing with Orbi with there devices....

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7