Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 satellites not syncing

PM_13
Tutor

Orbi RBR50 satellites not syncing

I have Netgear Orbi with two satellites 9RBR50 and RBS50), recently the two satellites stopped working so I had to remove them from WebUI. At that time, I also updated the RBR50 base firmware from 2.5.2.4 to 2.7.2.104.

Also did a factory reset on both satellites but during the syncing process the satellites blink white for few minutes (booting) then it goes to solid blue for few seconds then turn turn solid magenta, sometimes they will go from white blinking to solid magenta but never turns solid white for syncing. And getting the same results if I manually press the "sync" buttons on satellites.

Any suggestions on how to sync these satellites?

Thanks,

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
vajim
Master

Re: Orbi RBR50 satellites not syncing

@PM_13 wrote:

I have Netgear Orbi with two satellites 9RBR50 and RBS50), recently the two satellites stopped working so I had to remove them from WebUI. At that time, I also updated the RBR50 base firmware from 2.5.2.4 to 2.7.2.104.

Also did a factory reset on both satellites but during the syncing process the satellites blink white for few minutes (booting) then it goes to solid blue for few seconds then turn turn solid magenta, sometimes they will go from white blinking to solid magenta but never turns solid white for syncing. And getting the same results if I manually press the "sync" buttons on satellites.

Any suggestions on how to sync these satellites?

Thanks,

you may want to move the sats closer to the router.

FYI...lots of problems with  2.7.2.104....................................do a search

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7