× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 unresponsive, but RBS50 responsive

thisisbenwoo
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 unresponsive, but RBS50 responsive

Hi, 

I'm supporting an RBR50 - RBS50 combination. The RBR50 is acting just as an AP, the router is a pfSense router/firewall. I can see the RBS50 satellite, and there are a bunch of clients connected. The RBR50 is actually working. I can see clients connected because WiFi clients are online according to the pfSense router/firewall.

However, when I try to go to http://[ip address of RBR50], it's non-responsive. In fact, in pfSense, it's suggesting that the RBR50 is offline. Is there anyway of getting access to the RBR50 to maybe reboot it? I've tried rebooting the router/firewall, and the clients on the RBR50 remains connected, and I can actually reach the clients, but I just can't get a hold of the RBR50.

Thanks in advance.

b

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 unresponsive, but RBS50 responsive

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Is the IP address of the RBR while in AP mode, the same address as seen on the firewall device?

Is the RBR using a static or dynamic IP address configuration? 

@thisisbenwoo wrote:

Hi, 

I'm supporting an RBR50 - RBS50 combination. The RBR50 is acting just as an AP, the router is a pfSense router/firewall. I can see the RBS50 satellite, and there are a bunch of clients connected. The RBR50 is actually working. I can see clients connected because WiFi clients are online according to the pfSense router/firewall.

However, when I try to go to http://[ip address of RBR50], it's non-responsive. In fact, in pfSense, it's suggesting that the RBR50 is offline. Is there anyway of getting access to the RBR50 to maybe reboot it? I've tried rebooting the router/firewall, and the clients on the RBR50 remains connected, and I can actually reach the clients, but I just can't get a hold of the RBR50.

Thanks in advance.

b

Message 2 of 7
thisisbenwoo
Aspirant

The RBR50 is running the latest version of the firmware. Yes, the IP address is set correctly, because the RBR50 has a reserved DHCP address.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the version of FW? 

What happens if you connect a wired PC to the back of the RBR? 

Try orbilogin.com as well...

Does a ping to the RBRs IP address result in returns?

Can the Orbi app access the RBR? 

Message 4 of 7
thisisbenwoo
Aspirant

The Android app is showing that it is offline. I can't remember exactly which firmware it is, but I think it is V2.5.2.4. I'm remote from the Orbi, so I am limited to what I can do. I think the only direct wired connection is between an unmanaged switch and the pfSense router/firewall. All the clients connected to the RBR50 are still working. In fact, I can work on a couple of Raspberry Pi's that are connected over WiFi to the RBR50.

It's not responding to any pings.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I would get on site to see what the problem maybe. 

Did you have connection to the RBR before? 

Message 6 of 7
thisisbenwoo
Aspirant

Yes, it just magically disappeared. I was hoping not to have to go onsite! Oh well!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7