Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBW30 Antennas

Orbi RBW30 Antennas

Are the antennas in the wall plug RBW30 satellites omnidirectional? Does it matter whether they are plugged in vertically vs. horizontally?
Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBW30 Antennas

My brief search did not turn up a "picture" of the RBW30.  (I am not a great searcher.)

If you already have one, it should "come apart" easily with a small Phillips screwdriver.

What we think of as an "Omni-directional" antenna typically refers to a "do-nut" shape, where there are distinct "dead zones" at the exact top and bottom.

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Here is what the RBW looks like inside:

https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=3333993

@ModeratelyGeeky wrote:
Are the antennas in the wall plug RBW30 satellites omnidirectional? Does it matter whether they are plugged in vertically vs. horizontally?

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Is there a secret to get access to this web site?  I get a "Not Authorized".

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Hmm worked yesterday,

Try this then select Internal Photos:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&called...

@CrimpOn wrote:

Is there a secret to get access to this web site?  I get a "Not Authorized".

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for the link to pictures.  It appears to me that there are two sets of antennas at the top. One set oriented vertically and the other horizontally.  So, it might not make any difference which direction the RBW30 is plugged in.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I presume not. As long as the unit is getting air flow. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements