Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Respect vLAN Settings

IFlyNavy
Aspirant

Orbi Respect vLAN Settings

Hello All.

I am not seeing the Orbi respect per client vLAN tagging.  For instance I have a Meraki MX-100 Firewall\Router.  One of the things I can do there is to tag clients with a group policy that then will apply a specific vLAN.  For instance, I have 3 vLANs, 1 is my personal network, a second is the VPN to the office, the third is for IoT devices.  If I put a policy to my cell phone that should put me on my work network, it appears to apply from the Meraki side, however it is stil only getting an IP on the same vLAN as the orbi.

Appears that the Orbi isn't respecting the vLAN settings.  Anyone else successfully used vLANs on the switch side and then apply them to the Orbi connected clients?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

@IFlyNavy wrote:

Hello All.

Appears that the Orbi isn't respecting the vLAN settings.  Anyone else successfully used vLANs on the switch side and then apply them to the Orbi connected clients?

wouldnt the orbi need to be in ap mode for this to work correctly as otherwise the orbi is controlling the devices behind it ?

Message 2 of 4
IFlyNavy
Aspirant

Belay my last.  It does respect them if sent via Radius under authentication. Which begs the question why does Orbi say it supports WPA-2 Enterprise but it's not an option. Just like the Guest network documentation that is non existent.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 4

@IFlyNavy wrote:

why does Orbi say it supports WPA-2 Enterprise but it's not an option. Just like the Guest network documentation that is non existent.

i dont believe its advertised anywhere that is supports wpa2 - enterprise

and Guest network has only just been released so documentation will be added to the user manual in due time , hell at least guest wifi is available now

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7