Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Router Blinking White

JZarra
Follower

Orbi Router Blinking White

My Orbi router all of a sudden stopped working. It started to flash white and I read online that when this happens, just do a factory reset and it should work. I tried doing this and nothing seems to happen. I don’t know what to do next.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Router Blinking White

@JZarra wrote:
My Orbi router all of a sudden stopped working. It started to flash white and I read online that when this happens, just do a factory reset and it should work. I tried doing this and nothing seems to happen. I don’t know what to do next.

Factory Reset takes longer than I had anticipated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

I recently timed it from inserting the end of a paperclip into the tiny Reset hole.

3-4 seconds, power LED begins to blink amber.

10 seconds, removed paperclip. LED turned Green

Ring Light began to alternate white/off/white/off... not "fade", just on/off.

1:05 Ring Light began to fade on/off, on/off.

2:40 WiFi signal appeared.

(This particular Orbi is not connected directly to the ISP modem, so the light continued to fade on/off for a LONG time.)

If this still does not work, my next step would be to verify that the ISP device is working correctly by connecting something directly to it with an ethernet cable.

Message 2 of 3
vajim
Master

Re: Orbi Router Blinking White

any recent firmware changes?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements