Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellit constant white blinking; No Connection; No Factory Reset Capable

Rgloudeman
Aspirant

Orbi Satellit constant white blinking; No Connection; No Factory Reset Capable

My Orbi system was working fine until sometime after Hurricane Irma, when one of the satellites lost connection. Now it just blinks white constantly. The power LED was blinking red until I switched outlets. Now, it is constant green. The satellite cannot be reset to factory settings. I hold in the reset button and nothing happens. It cannot be discovered by the router, whether i try to set up connection through the app or manually. Firmware on the router and other satellite is up to date. Any ideas?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Re: Orbi Satellit constant white blinking; No Connection; No Factory Reset Capable

why cant it be factory reset ? , use a paper clip of the like and push the reset for 10 seconds or so till it starts to pulse orange and then it will restart and run its initial light sequence and then be ready to sync again

Message 2 of 4
Rgloudeman
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Satellit constant white blinking; No Connection; No Factory Reset Capable

Can't be reset, as in the button does nothing even if you hold it for 2mins. Finally got a hold of support. They are trashing it out and sending me a new unit. 

Message 3 of 4

you understand the reset button is that little hole to the right of the power cord and you need a paper clip to push it and listen for the click of the switch when you push it , if pushed correctly the power light gores orange then release the button and tet it do its reset

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7