Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite corrupt firmware

Jamescan2
Aspirant

Orbi Satellite corrupt firmware

I recently purchased an RBK40 with an RBS40 Satellite. While I was setting up the system (I was using the Android app for this process) I was prompted for a software update so went ahead and updated both the router and the satellite.

The router had successfully updated however the satellite never came back online. The satellite remained with a flashing white light at the top of the unit and wouldn't connect to the router even when it was right next to it. I have tried various other configurations such as attempting to Reset the until and pressing/holding the sync button but still no luck.

I phoned up Netgears customer support number and they had confirmed that the firmware was at fault and that I would have to return the unit for a replacement. I unfortunately purchased the unit from Facebook marketplace and the previous owner who had originally purchased it had passed away so I am unable to get the original purchase receipt to return the unit.

I have been looking online and have found that you can reflash the firmware using a program called 'tftp' I have followed the procedure step by step but tftp is unable to 'Erase flash'. I was just wondering if anyone has had any success in reflashing the firmware on their orbi and if so how did they do it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and if there is any additional information that you need then please ask me

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite corrupt firmware

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 4
Jamescan2
Aspirant

Thank you so much FURRYe38!

Oddly enough I tried the built in Windows TFTP with PowerShell as suggested in the thread and it didn't work but using TFTP64 in the link you said not to use ended up working!

Thank you once again, I really thought I was stuck with an expensive paperweight before you commented!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Interesting. Glad you got it working. Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7