Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Voice losing Amazon account info

Orbi Voice losing Amazon account info

I recently purchased a RBS40V (combined Orbi Satellite and Amazon Alexa functionality). Both features are working - except that about once a day/once every other day, the Alexa stops responding to commands. When this happens, I then have to log out of my Amazon account and log in again from the Orbi app (iPhone) in order to get it working again. It’s as if the Orbi Voice loses the connection to Amazon or just forgets the account info. This issue NEVER happened with the Amazon Echo that we’re replacing. Does anyone know why this keeps happening - or, more importantly, how to fix it? Thanks in advance!
Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Voice losing Amazon account info

Hi @thfeldman67

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

How did you setup the Orbi Voice Satellite? Is it in Orbi mode? Extender mode? 

What is the firmware version?

Please describe Satellite's ring LED status when issue re-occur. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 9

Hi Blanca,

Thanks for your reply. The satellite is in Orbi mode. The firmware version is v2.6.2.4

When this issue happens, the satellite's ring LED (the one that appears on the perimeter of the top of the Orbi Voice) in response to when I say "Alexa" is red (blinking). FYI, the audible response from the Orbi Voice when this happens is "Sorry. I'm having trouble understanding now. For help, go to the NETGEAR Orbi app."

Message 3 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @thfeldman67

If the issue re-occur, kindly check if Orbi app shows device is online. 

Does rebooting the unit temporarily fix the issue? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 9

Whenever this has happened, the Orbi app shows that the Orbi Voice is on-line (both as an Orbi satellite and as an Alexa).

Yesterday, per the suggestion of NETGEAR support, I did a complete reboot of both my AT&T router along with my Orbi router (RBR50) and both satellites (RBS50 and RBS40V). This did seem to fix the issue for the moment. I'm waiting to see if the problem comes back again in another day or two.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 9
Icycool
Aspirant

My Orbi voice RBS40V retains its amazon account info but stopped recognizing all devices except a plug which it calls "first plug". I logged out and back into amazon, but to no avail. Maybe it has a bad cache or something which I should try to hard reset?

Message 6 of 9
TodOrbi
Aspirant

I have the same setup as you have and was experiencing the same issue with my RBS40V.  Did the full reboot of your ATT router and the Orbi's provide a lasting fix?

Thanks in advance,

Message 7 of 9

Rebooting everything did seem to help. Afterwards, the RBS40V retained the Amazon account info for about a week before I had to logout and login again from the Orbi app (versus two days). Not a permanent fix - but a little better.
Message 8 of 9
TodOrbi
Aspirant

Thanks for the update.   That has been my experience also.  Sometimes I get a week or more and sometimes only a couple of days.  At least the routing and extending the wifi network all continue to work.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7