Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Whitelist and block new

Orbi Whitelist and block new

My teenage son is pretty smart and figured out how to change his MAC address anytime his time limit is exceeded.  He's blocked for maybe 3 minutes and then he's back on again.  The ability to have a whitelist and block all new devices would solve this issue. Any other solutions?  I could manually block his "new" device everytime he gets back on the network, but this would be exceedingly tedious.

Thanks,

Dean

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Whitelist and block new

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Access-Control-and-Whitelist-Block-New-Connections-Primary/m-p...

@farmboy3000 wrote:

My teenage son is pretty smart and figured out how to change his MAC address anytime his time limit is exceeded.  He's blocked for maybe 3 minutes and then he's back on again.  The ability to have a whitelist and block all new devices would solve this issue. Any other solutions?  I could manually block his "new" device everytime he gets back on the network, but this would be exceedingly tedious.

Thanks,

Dean

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7