Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Whole House VPN

asperber
Follower

Orbi Whole House VPN

How can i funnel all my internet traffic (house wide) through a vpn on my orbi router (without having to install a vpn client on each device)

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Whole House VPN

@asperber wrote:

How can i funnel all my internet traffic (house wide) through a vpn on my orbi router (without having to install a vpn client on each device)

Netgear does not provide this feature on any WiFi routers.  (There is a third party developer who has added this feature to one specific product, the original RBR50 WiFi router.)

There may be other routers which offer this feature. That router could be connected to the Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the Orbi router could be placed in Access Point (AP) mode and connected to the new router.  Ubiquiti Edge routers appear to be capable of this. See, for example: https://lazyadmin.nl/home-network/edgerouter-as-vpn-client/ 

In AP mode, the Orbi ceases to perform "router functions", such as assigning IP addresses, Parental Controls, Bitdefender Armor, resolving DNS queries.

If this is really important and you are up to the technical work, then this is the only solution.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Whole House VPN

This advice is NOT correct.  Sorry. This person joined the forum today and posted two times, both of which include a link that has nothing to do with Netgear.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7