Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Xbox Interference with controller and headset

YesIAmA
Aspirant

Orbi Xbox Interference with controller and headset

Hope someone can give me some help on this. My orbi is causing audio distortion in my xbox series x wireless headset (turtle beach stealth 600) and causes my controller to drop out every once in awhile. This is only an issue when using WiFi, when I plug the xbox directly into a satellite the issues go away. I tried changing all 5ghz channel and 2.4 is set to auto. Unfortunately I can't disable 2.4 since I have a few essential devices that only use 2.4.

I used to have the xbox in the living room and not anywhere close to the router, but have since moved it into my office where there is a satellite so I plugged it in. Regardless, the Interference was just as bad close to a satellite as it was far away.

I also had this issue with the xbox one and at that time I had a wired headset that plugged into the wireless controller and still had the audio distortion issue.

I've plugged my controller directly into the xbox while on wifi and the problem persisted. Only constant is it's fine when I have it wired to the router.

Any suggestions would be really helpful, thanks!
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Xbox Interference with controller and headset

This is probably due to the wifi radio on the xbox and the head set being close range and use same frequency. Something to contact the headset Mfr about. It's best to use wired connections for gaming consoles anyways. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7