Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi & DM200 problems with iPlayer, PS4, NowTV etc

_milesr3
Aspirant

Orbi & DM200 problems with iPlayer, PS4, NowTV etc

Folks,

I recently bought an RBK23 setup and thought it would be a good idea to compliment it with a DM200 modem, rather than using the Plusnet Hub One provided by my ISP.

Initially to set the DM200 to modem only mode and setup the Orbi RBR20 and RBS20s in Router mode. Upon completing the setup I found that BBC iPlayer failed to start due to poor network connection, my son was unable to connect to PlayStation Network, my wifi central heating thermostat was uncontactable and NowTV was unable to access IPTV.

I found the recommendation to set the Orbi devices to AP Mode and this in conjunction with the DM200 in Modem + Router fixed the issues with iPlayer, thermostat and PS Network but not NowTV. There seems to be some inconsistencies between the ISP configuration in the Orbi vs. DM200; the Orbi appears to be missing some configuration that allows a functional connection with Plusnet to be achieved.

The Internet connection setup wizard in the DM200 consistently failed to configure the settings for Plusnet and did not connect. However using the manual/advanced setup option worked with the exact same settings autodiscovered by the wizard.

I have NowTV (IPTV) and ticked the IPTV checkbox in the wizard. I see that I have an IPTV IP address of 0.0.0.0 and an IPTV connection using IPoE in the Internet Port setup of the DM200. NowTV is not working.

With the Orbi setup I am getting great wifi and fixed Ethernet speeds from the RBS20s but using AP Mode I am missing some of the functionality that I needed, such as being able to toggle individual devices' connectivity on/off.

It seems that there are differences between the Orbi and DM200 ISP configuration capabilities and that the DM200 is still missing 'something' to allow NowTV to work.

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi & DM200 problems with iPlayer, PS4, NowTV etc

I would contact the Mfr of the NowTV to ensure it gets services with the ISP modem. They may have specific information or configurations for there services and devices. 

Message 2 of 4
_milesr3
Aspirant

After some reading up, I think it may be simply a case of Enabling BritishTelecom IGMP Proxy Support on the Orbi Router (after returning it to Router Mode)...

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Does this work for you? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements