Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and Epson XP620

ableman42
Guide

Orbi and Epson XP620

Everythings working great with new mesh/satellite- except my Epson XP-620 doesn't even see the router as an option to connect to. When I do the wi-fi wizard it only brings up the old router as an option.  

FYI phone and Roku are set up feet away and get full wifi signal.

Appreciate advice. 

I did see similar posts but most were older and didn't mention the 'not even seeing the router' problem.

Thanks,
Sean

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ableman42
Guide

Re: Orbi and Epson XP620

It's resolved.

I reset the printer to original the original network settings, and a bunch of routers (including the key one) showed up.

No idea what was actually the problem, but this worked.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
JoeCymru
Virtuoso

A couple of options:

When going through the Wizard, press the cancel button when you do not see the network, scroll through until you see "Other Networks" and OK it. and proceed to manually enter and log in.

If the above does not work, delete the software for your printer on the computer where it resides, then go to epson download site and reinstall the software and start form scratch.

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

What WPA security modes are you using? Try WPA/TPIK first to see if it will connect then try WPA2 and AES only.

@ableman42 wrote:

Everythings working great with new mesh/satellite- except my Epson XP-620 doesn't even see the router as an option to connect to. When I do the wi-fi wizard it only brings up the old router as an option.  

Appreciate advice. 

I did see similar posts but most were older and didn't mention the 'not even seeing the router' problem.

Thanks,
Sean

Message 3 of 7
ekhalil
Master

I think the issue is that Orbi is transmitting on 2.4 GHz wifi channel that the printer does not support. If you have set the 2.4 GHz to Auto then it can be that Orbi is using channels 12 or 13,..... which many devices don't support.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this?  Let us know

Epson Network Interface Specifications

Wi-Fi

Standards IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Security WEP (64/128 bit)

WPA-PSK (AES); complies with WPA2 with support for WPA/WPA2 Personal

Frequency range 2.4 GHz
Coordination modes Infrastructure mode

Ad hoc mode (not supported for IEEE 802.11n)

Wi-Fi Direct (not supported for IEEE 802.11b)

Note: Simple AP mode is compatible with Wi-Fi infrastructure mode.

@ableman42 wrote:

Appreciate advice. 

Thanks,
Sean

Message 5 of 7
ableman42
Guide

It's resolved.

I reset the printer to original the original network settings, and a bunch of routers (including the key one) showed up.

No idea what was actually the problem, but this worked.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Possibly something in a bad state on the printer. Glad the reset worked for you. 

Please mark your post thread as solved so others will know for future reference. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7