× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and Powerline Adapters

brettt30
Follower

Orbi and Powerline Adapters

This is what I had to do to get the Netgear Utility to “see” the XAV5001 and XAV5501 when using Orbi router

First this is how I was set up.

Orbi RBR50v2 – connected to ISP

XAV5001 – connected to Orbi RBR50v2 and plugged into electrical socket

XAV5501 – connected to a nearby electrical socket

Windows PC – connected Wi-Fi to Orbi RBR50v2

The problem I was experiencing was that when the Windows PC was connected thru Wi-Fi to Orbi, the Netgear Utility could not see the XAV5001 or XAV5501.

The solution was to connect the Windows PC wired to Orbi (and disable Windows PC Wi-Fi) and then the Netgear Utility could “see” all of the XAV5001’s and XAV5501’s

Once I got all of my Powerline XAV5001's and XAV5501's set up I then disconnected my PC and went back to Wi-Fi.  Everything still working just fine.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi and Powerline Adapters

It is the same process using TP-Link PowerLine adapters.  From what I can tell, the TP-Link adapters do not have IP addresses, and thus do not appear on the LAN.  When I run the TP-Link tpPLC software, it  detects the PowerLine adapter that it is connected to and uses that adapter to discover the rest of them. (I currently have three.)

Possibly the same with Netgear PowerLine adapters.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series